Attempting Link XML, Lucene or Solr in Work Bench

Attempting Link XML, Lucene or Solr in Work Bench

DavidWallaceCox
This project is extraordinary!  Thanks you so much for all the long hours.  It will be put to good use.

I have (Lucene based Open Search Server v1.1.2) crawling/running on a remote server, port:8080.  Cannot seem to get workbench to sources query.  Result come up: "Your query - "" - did not return any documents."  I need to able to identify the Index so in the XML source I added: http://www.________.com:8080/select?use=IndexB. No luck either.  I cannot use the Lucene Source which would access the Indices directly because the workbench only allow localhost directories. I must be doing something, or everything wrong.  Any ideas?  Thanks DC

Re: Attempting Link XML, Lucene or Solr in Work Bench

There are two paths you can try:

1. Use Solr document source. This path is useful when you're running Solr, please see the manual for detailed instructions: http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/#section.getting-started.solr

2. Use a generic XML document source. If the XML feed is not in Solr's format, you can use a generic XML document source. The source expects an XML stream in Carrot2 format (http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/#section.architecture.input-xml), so most probably you'd need to write an XSLT stylesheet to transform your XML to the required format. There's an example in the manual for this as well: http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/#section.getting-started.xml-feed.

Incidentally, if you post using the forum on Carrot2 website but you haven't subscribed to the Carrot2 mailing list, most of the community will not see your messages (I'm checking the forum from time to time only). For quicker responses, please subscribe to the mailing list :-)

DavidWallaceCox wrote