Carrot2 format

carrotuser
When we use an input XML file in Carrot2 workbench, can it have different tags apart from the ones mentioned in the tutorial?
For example if I have an extra tag for votes,id etc Carrot2 workbench shows an error.
Please let me know how to allow other tags as well.
Thankyou!

Re: Carrot2 format

Dawid Weiss-2
Yes, it can have arbitrary fields, but not arbitrary tags. This is covered here:

http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/index.html#section.getting-started.xml-feed

See figure 4.4 -- this is a custom field. Another way to check how a
serialized document should look like is to create a snippet of Java
code that creates a Document instance, adds an attribute to it and
then serialize it using simple-xml:

new Persister().write(document, output)

(I'm writing from memory, so it may not be 100% accurate, but you get
the point).

Dawid