Constant Factor s=2.5

zivelian
Hello Stanislaw,

In Lingo, once you said that terms or phrases that appear in the title of the input document are scaled by constant factor s=2.5, how I scaled the term's weight by constant factor s=2.5, for example: if I have term's weight 0.49 then after I scaled this term's weight by constant factor 2.5, the term's weight become what? Is it 0.49*2.5 or is it 0.49 divided by 2.5?

Thanks.

Re: Constant Factor s=2.5

In Lingo, once you said that terms or phrases that appear in the title of
the input document are scaled by constant factor s=2.5, how I scaled the
term's weight by constant factor s=2.5, for example: if I have term's weight
0.49 then after I scaled this term's weight by constant factor 2.5, the
term's weight become what? Is it 0.49*2.5 or is it 0.49 divided by 2.5?

It's multiplied by 2.5, so 0.49 * 2.5.

Re: Constant Factor s=2.5

zivelian

Stanislaw Osinski wrote
Hi,

In Lingo, once you said that terms or phrases that appear in the title of
> the input document are scaled by constant factor s=2.5, how I scaled the
> term's weight by constant factor s=2.5, for example: if I have term's
> weight
> 0.49 then after I scaled this term's weight by constant factor 2.5, the
> term's weight become what? Is it 0.49*2.5 or is it 0.49 divided by 2.5?

It's multiplied by 2.5, so 0.49 * 2.5.

And when exactly I multiplied term weight with this constant factor(s = 2.5), there are 3 options:

1. before tf-idf weighting scheme or
2. after tf-idf weighting scheme or
3. after column length normalization

Which one?