Exact word search

bhaskar chandrasekar
Hi,

 I would like to know, when we give a search string for input in carrot.Say for ex:Google, i give in the search string.We get all the records pertaining to it in the search and matches relating to it.
 Scenario:
Assuming that i give "Go" alone in the search input  of carrot.
I should get only all records pertaining to Go only.It should not fetch records which i having records before and after Go word.
 How is it achievable in carrot?.

Regards
Bhaskar

Re: [C2-devel] Exact word search

bhaskar_sekar

Hi Stanislaw,

Assume I give yahoo as my search input in carrot.All links and fields pertaining to yahoo are retrived.
My query is it should look for exact match word search.
It should not look for subwords or combination of words in the search string and retrive those information.
Only exact word search information should be retrived.
How it can be restricted in carrot, or is it achievable by any other thing.
Please help me.

Regards
Bhaskar

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 13:03, bhaskar chandrasekar <<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3473592&amp;i=0" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

 I would like to know, when we give a search string for input in carrot.Say for ex:Google, i give in the search string.We get all the records pertaining to it in the search and matches relating to it.
 Scenario:
Assuming that i give "Go" alone in the search input  of carrot.
I should get only all records pertaining to Go only.It should not fetch records which i having records before and after Go word.
 How is it achievable in carrot?.

Regards
Bhaskar

View message @ <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://n2.nabble.com/Exact-word-search-tp3471703p3473592.html" target="_blank">http://n2.nabble.com/Exact-word-search-tp3471703p3473592.html
To start a new topic under Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum, <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://n2.nabble.com/subscriptions/Unsubscribe.jtp?code=c2VrYXIuYmhhc2thckBnbWFpbC5jb218NjA3NTcxfC0xODIzNjI1MDQ5" target="_blank">click here.

Re: Exact word search

Assume I give yahoo as my search input in carrot.All links and fields pertaining to yahoo are retrived.
My query is it should look for exact match word search.
It should not look for subwords or combination of words in the search string and retrive those information.
Only exact word search information should be retrived.
How it can be restricted in carrot, or is it achievable by any other thing.

This is beyond the scope of Carrot2, which is not a search engine. Consult the documentation of the search engine you're using.