External labels

waleedAzmy
I have a question...
I'm using LINGO clustering algorithm... But can I update the code or the logic of labels extraction so as I can enforce certain external labels before assigning documents to clusters ????

Re: External labels

Dawid Weiss-2
You absolutely can -- that's the benefit of the project being open
source... Look at the implementation of Lingo, it should be possible
to alter label extraction and assignment steps to your liking. This is
a creative task -- if you implement it, it would be great if you could
contribute back to the project.

Dawid

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 4:33 PM, waleedAzmy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a question...
> I'm using LINGO clustering algorithm... But can I update the code or the
> logic of labels extraction so as I can enforce certain external labels
> before assigning documents to clusters ????

Re: External labels

waleedAzmy
Hi Dawid, I'm trying to do this but it is too hard to debug carrot2 project; In the code internally the existence of strings is approximately hidden... just dealing with indexes... I just want a clear documentation on what this indexes stands for and a clear documentation -if exist- on the context variable to be able to adjust this implementation to mine... I hope you can help me as I have so many new Ideas I want to try... Thanx Waleed Azmy

Re: External labels

Dawid Weiss-2
Look at the JavaDoc of PreprocessingContext:

http://download.carrot2.org/head/javadoc/org/carrot2/text/preprocessing/PreprocessingContext.html

Dawid

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:50 PM, waleedAzmy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Dawid, I'm trying to do this but it is too hard to debug carrot2 project;
> In the code internally the existence of strings is approximately hidden...
> just dealing with indexes... I just want a clear documentation on what this
> indexes stands for and a clear documentation -if exist- on the context
> variable to be able to adjust this implementation to mine... I hope you can
> help me as I have so many new Ideas I want to try... Thanx Waleed Azmy
> Nabble.com.

Re: External labels

waleedAzmy
I did It ..... I did It....

Re: External labels

Dawid Weiss-2
Well, great! Share what you've done (github fork is  a good place to
start with).

Dawid