Generate more descriptive words for each cluster

Generate more descriptive words for each cluster

cy163
Hello All I wonder if carrot Cluster can generate more descriptive words for cluster labels. I wonder if the number of descriptive words for clusters can be specified. Thanks Felix

Re: Generate more descriptive words for each cluster

Hi Felix,

The default clustering algorithm (Lingo) works in a slightly different way: it first finds labels and then assigns documents to them to form clusters (http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/#section.advanced-topics.fine-tuning.choosing-algorithm). For this reason, Lingo generates one-phrase cluster labels.

You may also want to try the STC algorithm and increase maxPhrases attribute (http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/#section.attribute.STCClusteringAlgorithm.maxPhrases) to get more phrases per cluster.