How can I make webapp to support other languages?

How can I make webapp to support other languages?

Sohe
Hi again,

I have deployed your carrot2-webapp-3.1.0.war on my Tomcat server, but it does not support other language like your http://www.carrot2.org does. What should I do?

Sincerely,
Pongdej

Re: How can I make webapp to support other languages?

I have deployed your carrot2-webapp-3.1.0.war on my Tomcat server, but it
does not support other language like your http://www.carrot2.org does. What
should I do?

What do you mean by "support other language"? BTW: the webapp WAR you download (currently version 3.1.1) is exactly the same as the one running on carrot2.org.

Re: How can I make webapp to support other languages?

Sohe
Hi,

Sorry that I didn't explained it clearly. What I encountered is that when I tried querying Thai and Chinese words and entered, the query on the textbox, the generated labels and snippets become unreadable. At first, I thought there might be some problems with my own index because I have used my own Lucene index (I queried them in my own tab). But, when I queried in Web tab, the same thing happened. I used the WAR file (ver. 3.1.0) provided on Carrot2 website with just some changes to source-lucene-attributes.xml and suite-wabapp.xml. What should I do?

Sincerely,
Pongdej

Stanislaw Osinski wrote
Hi,

I have deployed your carrot2-webapp-3.1.0.war on my Tomcat server, but it
> does not support other language like your http://www.carrot2.org does.
> What
> should I do?

What do you mean by "support other language"? BTW: the webapp WAR you
download (currently version 3.1.1) is exactly the same as the one running on
carrot2.org.

Re: How can I make webapp to support other languages?

Currently Carrot2 does not offer a language recognizer. This means that you have to explicitly set the language in which clustering should be performed. Some document sources have their specific ways of setting the language of the results and, if these are specified, the clustering algorithm will perform clustering in a language that matches the language you set for the document source (that's why certain tabs in the on-line demo work the way you'd expect). For more explanation and the list of document sources that support this scenario, you can check the following example:

http://fisheye3.atlassian.com/browse/carrot2/trunk/applications/carrot2-examples/src/org/carrot2/examples/clustering/ClusteringNonEnglishContent.java?r=trunk#l26

Lucene document source does not support this scenario, so you'd need to set the clustering language explicitly by setting the following attribute in your algorithm-lingo-attributes.xml:

      <attribute key="active-language">
        <value value="CHINESE_SIMPLIFIED"/>
      </attribute>

For a list of supported values, please see: http://download.carrot2.org/stable/manual/#section.attribute.active-language

You can also save the attribute values for Lingo using the Workbench: http://download.carrot2.org/stable/manual/#section.customizing.component-suites-and-attributes.component-attributes

Alternatively, you can implement a language detection component (I think Apache Nutch has one available) and put between the document source and the clustering algorithm. This would require changing the code of the webapp though.