How to Make JAX-WS to talk to Carrot2 without content-type multipart/form-data?

How to Make JAX-WS to talk to Carrot2 without content-type multipart/form-data?

savannah_beckett
Hi,
  I am using JAX-WS to talk to Carrot2 as REST web service.  I read that it has to be multipart/form-data as content-type, and carrot2 refuses to take my request and complain when I use another content type.  Is there a way to go around that?  I still haven't figured how to change the content type to multipart/form-data in JAX-WS?  Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Re: How to Make JAX-WS to talk to Carrot2 without content-type multipart/form-data?

Dawid Weiss-2

I don't know about JAX-WS, but multipart/form-data is motivated by performance
reasons (less data transmitted over wire, fewer decoding issues). We plan to add
another way to call the DCS (via a binary protocol), see here:

http://issues.carrot2.org/browse/CARROT-475

Of course if you could provide a patch, it would speed up things.

D.