How to change the interface of webapp?

Sohe
Hi again,

I would like to change a little bit of your webapp interface. Could you please suggest on what files do I need to deal with to change the layout and images in webapp? Do I need to modify the files in skin41 folder? I am not familiar with XSL and CSS though. Thank you so much in advance.

Sincerely,
Pongdej

PS. I am currently using carrot2-webapp-3.1.0

Re: How to change the interface of webapp?

Hello,

I would like to change a little bit of your webapp interface. Could you
please suggest on what files do I need to deal with to change the layout and
images in webapp? Do I need to modify the files in skin41 folder? I am not
familiar with XSL and CSS though. Thank you so much in advance.

Layout is indeed based on XSLT, so you'd need to learn a bit of that (W3C Schools have some nice tutorials, for example: http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/).

The most interesting XSLTs are in /skins41/common and /skins41/common-dynamic folders. When it comes to images, the webapp uses CSS sprites for faster front end, so you'd need to either edit the sprites (e.g. /skins47/fancy-compact/sprite/img/sprite-vert.png) or disable the sprites (/WEB-INF/classes/config.xml -> set sprited="false") and edit the images/css in the /skins41/<skin>/css and /skins41/<skin>/img folders.

Obviously, you can also check out the source code, modify the XSLTs, CSS and images as desired and then build your own WAR file (http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/#section.advanced-topics.building-from-source-code.webapp).