How to enable native matrix computation in carrot2 in Tomcat?

How to enable native matrix computation in carrot2 in Tomcat?

savannah_beckett
Hi,
I read the manual, and it mentions native matrix computation and how to invoke it in command line with java.  How do I do the same thing if I am using tomcat?
Thanks.

Re: How to enable native matrix computation in carrot2 in Tomcat?

Dawid Weiss-2

> I read the manual, and it mentions native matrix computation and how to
> invoke it in command line with java.  How do I do the same thing if I am
> using tomcat?

Native libraries need to be found by Java, basically. The easiest way to do it
is to set up proper native library paths in an environment variable called
CATALINA_OPTS or JAVA_OPTS (if I recall right) -- this is basically appended to
Java invocation line for Tomcat.

So, something like this (Linux):

export JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib/nni"

should work.

Re: How to enable native matrix computation in carrot2 in Tomcat?

So, something like this (Linux):

export JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib/nni"

should work.

Yep, this is what we do on the demo server. I've added this tip to the manual.