How to use/call my own STEMMING PROCEDURE with C# API DLL

How to use/call my own STEMMING PROCEDURE with C# API DLL

Jumadi
I'v develop an application with C#. My application use C# API DLL for clustering News Text from Twitter and  written in Indonesian Language (http://www.linkedin.com/company/detik.comhttps://twitter.com/detikcom). I used STC Algorithm.

I'v a stemming procedure for my language (Indonesian) written in C#. My a question is, how to use own stemming procedure (source code written in C#) so that can integrate with Carrot2 with C# API DLL file.

Re: How to use/call my own STEMMING PROCEDURE with C# API DLL

Dawid Weiss-2
Is this stemming procedure open source? Could it be contributed to the project?

As per your question, we only support the languages listed here:
http://download.carrot2.org/stable/javadoc/org/carrot2/core/LanguageCode.html
(and a corresponding set defined in C#'s enum).

There is a way to "substitute" stemmer and tokenizer for a given
language -- this is covered in the Java examples and it should still
work from C#... You could just use some language code for Indonesian
which you know won't conflict with the rest of your data. This will
require using some trickery though (I think). It'd be easier if we
could support Indonesian out of the box (with a public tokenizer/
stemmer)?

Dawid

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 2:53 AM, Jumadi Jumadi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'v develop an application with C#. My application use C# API DLL for
> clustering News Text from Twitter and  written in Indonesian Language
> (http://www.linkedin.com/company/detik.com, https://twitter.com/detikcom). I
> used STC Algorithm.
>
> I'v a stemming procedure for my language (Indonesian) written in C#. My a
> question is, how to use own stemming procedure (source code written in C#)
> so that can integrate with Carrot2 with C# API DLL file.
>

> Thanks,

Re: How to use/call my own STEMMING PROCEDURE with C# API DLL

Shahzad Asif
HI Jumadi,
This might be interesting for you.

Best,

S.

On 4 August 2013 05:53, Jumadi Jumadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'v develop an application with C#. My application use C# API DLL for clustering News Text from Twitter and  written in Indonesian Language (http://www.linkedin.com/company/detik.comhttps://twitter.com/detikcom). I used STC Algorithm.

I'v a stemming procedure for my language (Indonesian) written in C#. My a question is, how to use own stemming procedure (source code written in C#) so that can integrate with Carrot2 with C# API DLL file.

Re: How to use/call my own STEMMING PROCEDURE with C# API DLL

Dawid Weiss-2
Ah, true indeed -- if you're using STC then stemming is not actually
taken into account. I plan to take a look at this though so fingers
crossed.... :)

Dawid