How to use carrot2 CSharp API 3.6.0 Snapshot

How to use carrot2 CSharp API 3.6.0 Snapshot

dheliz
how to form a suffix tree for each document and then for all document? I want to know, how the suffix tree is generate.
I do not find the C # source code that can form the suffix tree

Re: How to use carrot2 CSharp API 3.6.0 Snapshot

Dawid Weiss-2
There is no C# code to create a suffix tree directly. Carrot2 C# API
is a layer above cross-compiled Java code. If you need suffix trees in
C# you can IKVM this project and use it from C#:

http://labs.carrotsearch.com/jsuffixarrays.html

Dawid

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM, dheliz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> how to form a suffix tree for each document and then for all document? I
> want to know, how the suffix tree is generate.
> I do not find the C # source code that can form the suffix tree
> Nabble.com.

Re: How to use carrot2 CSharp API 3.6.0 Snapshot

dheliz
thanks, but whether the suffix tree and suffix array are the same?
I've downloaded the file.
where i can get a pseudo-code suffix tree algorithm starts from the generate suffix tree, the calculation of similarity, score
base cluster and merging  base cluster?
i need to code the algorithm.

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is no C# code to create a suffix tree directly. Carrot2 C# API
is a layer above cross-compiled Java code. If you need suffix trees in
C# you can IKVM this project and use it from C#:

http://labs.carrotsearch.com/jsuffixarrays.html

Dawid

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM, dheliz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> how to form a suffix tree for each document and then for all document? I
> want to know, how the suffix tree is generate.
> I do not find the C # source code that can form the suffix tree
> Nabble.com.

Re: How to use carrot2 CSharp API 3.6.0 Snapshot

Dawid Weiss-2
> thanks, but whether the suffix tree and suffix array are the same?

No, they are not but they're interchangeable. It's more explaining
than I have time to spare, sorry.

> where i can get a pseudo-code suffix tree algorithm starts from the generate
> suffix tree, the calculation of similarity, score base cluster and merging
> base cluster? i need to code the algorithm.

If you're looking to reimplement Suffix Tree Clustering (and it seems
like it) then the source code from Carrot2 is readily available --
just fetch it from github and look for STCClusteringAlgorithm.java.
You may just as well reimplement it from scratch in C# because we use
a lot of internal infrastructure that is Java specific so it won't be
just a naive conversion from one language to another.

http://project.carrot2.org/source-code.html

Re: How to use carrot2 CSharp API 3.6.0 Snapshot

dheliz
does it mean if I want to build a suffix tree of each document must be in java?
anyway, I've tried 3.6.0 snapshot API carrot2 csharp and I tried to change the sample document in the form of an array into a Microsoft Access database. but unfortunately it does not work.
sorry if i ask too many questions here.
:)

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> thanks, but whether the suffix tree and suffix array are the same?

No, they are not but they're interchangeable. It's more explaining
than I have time to spare, sorry.

> where i can get a pseudo-code suffix tree algorithm starts from the generate
> suffix tree, the calculation of similarity, score base cluster and merging
> base cluster? i need to code the algorithm.

If you're looking to reimplement Suffix Tree Clustering (and it seems
like it) then the source code from Carrot2 is readily available --
just fetch it from github and look for STCClusteringAlgorithm.java.
You may just as well reimplement it from scratch in C# because we use
a lot of internal infrastructure that is Java specific so it won't be
just a naive conversion from one language to another.

http://project.carrot2.org/source-code.html

Re: How to use carrot2 CSharp API 3.6.0 Snapshot

dheliz

can i running suffix tree build in C# ?
i just wanto to show how suffix tree is built . .
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Yoojin Halby <[hidden email]> wrote:
does it mean if I want to build a suffix tree of each document must be in java?
anyway, I've tried 3.6.0 snapshot API carrot2 csharp and I tried to change the sample document in the form of an array into a Microsoft Access database. but unfortunately it does not work.
sorry if i ask too many questions here.
:)

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> thanks, but whether the suffix tree and suffix array are the same?

No, they are not but they're interchangeable. It's more explaining
than I have time to spare, sorry.

> where i can get a pseudo-code suffix tree algorithm starts from the generate
> suffix tree, the calculation of similarity, score base cluster and merging
> base cluster? i need to code the algorithm.

If you're looking to reimplement Suffix Tree Clustering (and it seems
like it) then the source code from Carrot2 is readily available --
just fetch it from github and look for STCClusteringAlgorithm.java.
You may just as well reimplement it from scratch in C# because we use
a lot of internal infrastructure that is Java specific so it won't be
just a naive conversion from one language to another.

http://project.carrot2.org/source-code.html

Re: How to use carrot2 CSharp API 3.6.0 Snapshot

Dawid Weiss-2
> can i running suffix tree build in C# ?
> i just wanto to show how suffix tree is built . .

Search the web for an implementation of suffix trees in C#. This may be of help.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/171196/looking-for-the-suffix-tree-implementation-in-c

Please stop sending your e-mails to this list -- your questions are
not relevant to this project.