Lingo Parameters

zivelian
Hi Stanislaw, I have a question about Lingo parameters. There are 3 parameter, Cluster Assignment Threshold, Candidate Cluster Threshold, and Preferred Cluster Count. What is the difference between Candidate Cluster Threshold parameter with Preferred Cluster Count parameter? For example, can we force Lingo to create only 5 cluster with Preferred Cluster Count parameter?

Re: Lingo Parameters

Hi Stanislaw, I have a question about Lingo parameters. There are 3
parameter, Cluster Assignment Threshold, Candidate Cluster Threshold, and
Preferred Cluster Count. What is the difference between Candidate Cluster
Threshold parameter with Preferred Cluster Count parameter? For example, can
we force Lingo to create only 5 cluster with Preferred Cluster Count
parameter?

Preferred Cluster Count simply limits the number of clusters returned by Lingo to the top N (parameter value), so you can use it to decrease (but not increase) the number of clusters. To increase the number of clusters, you can increase the Candidate Cluster Threshold.

Incidentally, you seem to be using the 2.x line of Carrot2, which recently entered the maintenance mode. In the 3.x version, I've re-implemented Lingo from scratch and exposed much more parameters:

http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/#section.component.lingo

Please give it a try (http://project.carrot2.org/download.html), the new version has better document-to-cluster assignment precision and is much more tunable.

Re: Lingo Parameters

zivelian
OK, thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try.
Stanislaw Osinski wrote
Hi,