Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

12

Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

DavidWallaceCox
Possible Fix

Error in Webapp when searching Lucene data:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/index/memory/MemoryIndex

Possible Fix
Place "lucene-memory-2.4.1.jar" in lib directory to repair.

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

Dawid Weiss-2
This is a contrib. package, isn't it? We don't want to include all of
Lucene's contrib packages in the main distribution (size). If you're
using contrib. analyzers or other stuff, you'll have to add it
manually to classpath.

Dawid

DavidWallaceCox
Got it. Thanks!

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

Dawid Weiss-2
David,

We talked a bit about this with Staszek -- can you tell us how you
managed to get this error? The memory index seems to be used only
within the contrib packages (it's not used in the core) -- did you
modify Carrot2 sources or did you run it out of the box and got this
error (seems unlikely)?

Dawid

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 4:26 PM, DavidWallaceCox
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got it. Thanks!

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

DavidWallaceCox
Dawid,

I have made some mods to the interface xmls including using the Lucene XML mentioned earlier in the post.  We are using your product to perform copyright infringement searches on a Lucene crawl.  One of the sites that is commonly searched is "Zona-Musical". When you search Zona Musical in our Lucene crawl in the Carrot 2 webapp with no dash no problem. When you search Zona-Musical with the dash you get the noted error.  By placing the noted .jar in the lib directory the problems seemed to be fixed.

Let me know if you need more info.  Also, I am using openx for our ads management.  I would like to use your webapp interface and wonder what is the best way that I could serve ads into the web app at the bottom of the page.  I can pay you to develop some code to achieve this.  Great product!

Thanks
David Cox

JIRA dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl wrote

<dcox@destinrecording.com> wrote:

> Got it. Thanks!

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

Hi David,

I have made some mods to the interface xmls including using the Lucene XML
mentioned earlier in the post.  We are using your product to perform
copyright infringement searches on a Lucene crawl.  One of the sites that is
commonly searched is "Zona-Musical". When you search Zona Musical in our
Lucene crawl in the Carrot 2 webapp with no dash no problem. When you search
Zona-Musical with the dash you get the noted error.  By placing the noted
.jar in the lib directory the problems seemed to be fixed.

Thanks for the explanation. Indeed, if you want to perform a query with a dash in it, you need the memory index from contrib. The reason I started wondering about this is that I found it strange that a core feature depends on a contrib module...

Let me know if you need more info.  Also, I am using openx for our ads
management.  I would like to use your webapp interface and wonder what is
the best way that I could serve ads into the web app at the bottom of the
page.  I can pay you to develop some code to achieve this.  Great product!

Thanks! Customization should be fairly simple in this case. In general, the webapp's UI is based on XML/XSLT. The place to start is /carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common/page.xsl -- on line 43 there is the template that outputs the main HTML structure, you should be able to add OpenX javascripts there. Then, you'd need to insert your ad zones, most probably in /carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common-dynamic/page.xsl (that depends on where exactly you'd like the ads to appear).

Please me know when the system goes live, I can add a link to it on Carrot2 website.

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

DavidWallaceCox
Hi Stanislaw
Thanks for your support.  I place the Java invocation here on the /carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common/page.xsl:

          <head>
            <title><xsl:apply-templates select="page" mode="head-title" /></title>
            <xsl:apply-templates select="page/asset-urls/css-urls/css-url" />

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.mimtid.net/openx/www/delivery/spcjs.php?id=9'></script></head>

Now I am attempting to locate where and how to place the Ad zone on /carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common-dynamic/page.xsl but am lost.

Here is the 468/60 invocation.

I know this request is not part of your support scope.  However, I can paypal you a retainer to help me.

Thanks in advance.
David Cox

Stanislaw Osinski wrote
Hi David,

I have made some mods to the interface xmls including using the Lucene XML
> mentioned earlier in the post.  We are using your product to perform
> copyright infringement searches on a Lucene crawl.  One of the sites that
> is
> commonly searched is "Zona-Musical". When you search Zona Musical in our
> Lucene crawl in the Carrot 2 webapp with no dash no problem. When you
> search
> Zona-Musical with the dash you get the noted error.  By placing the noted
> .jar in the lib directory the problems seemed to be fixed.

Thanks for the explanation. Indeed, if you want to perform a query with a
dash in it, you need the memory index from contrib. The reason I started
wondering about this is that I found it strange that a core feature depends
on a contrib module...

> Let me know if you need more info.  Also, I am using openx for our ads
> management.  I would like to use your webapp interface and wonder what is
> the best way that I could serve ads into the web app at the bottom of the
> page.  I can pay you to develop some code to achieve this.  Great product!

Thanks! Customization should be fairly simple in this case. In general, the
webapp's UI is based on XML/XSLT. The place to start is
/carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common/page.xsl -- on line 43 there is the
template that outputs the main HTML structure, you should be able to add
OpenX javascripts there. Then, you'd need to insert your ad zones, most
probably in /carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common-dynamic/page.xsl (that depends
on where exactly you'd like the ads to appear).

Please me know when the system goes live, I can add a link to it on Carrot2
website.

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

DavidWallaceCox
Sorry, the invocation was truncated. Here is the code:

DavidWallaceCox wrote

Sorry, Did not mean for the ads to show up here.  If it was just this easy in the webapp!

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

Dawid Weiss-2
If I understand you right, David, you need to modify the XSLT
stylesheet to include the snippet of JavaScript you mentioned, add a
float or other HTML block element and position it accordingly using
CSS. These changes should perhaps be preceded by a thoughtful analysis
where you want to display your ads -- on top of the page, mixed with
search results, etc. Once you figure this out, it will be a bit easier
for us to help you in finding the appropriate XSL to modify.

Dawid

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 7:39 PM, DavidWallaceCox
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, Did not mean for the ads to show up here.  If it was just this easy in
> the webapp!

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

DavidWallaceCox
Almost Happy New Year!  Thank for the prompt response Dawid.

I am using the web app out of the box with a few mods.  I would like for the ads to be presented center, in the very top of the search result window. I will only use standard 468x60 ads here.

Let me know!

Thank you so much.

David Cox

JIRA dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl wrote
If I understand you right, David, you need to modify the XSLT
stylesheet to include the snippet of JavaScript you mentioned, add a
float or other HTML block element and position it accordingly using
CSS. These changes should perhaps be preceded by a thoughtful analysis
where you want to display your ads -- on top of the page, mixed with
search results, etc. Once you figure this out, it will be a bit easier
for us to help you in finding the appropriate XSL to modify.

Dawid

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 7:39 PM, DavidWallaceCox
<dcox@destinrecording.com> wrote:

> Sorry, Did not mean for the ads to show up here.  If it was just this easy in
> the webapp!

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

Hi David,

Please find attached a patch against:  https://carrot2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/carrot2/trunk/applications/carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common-dynamic/page.xsl that adds a banner at the top of the document list. By simple CSS tweaking you should be able to position it anywhere else on the page. The patch contains an example invocation tag I generated from my local OpenX instance.

The trickiest part is to convert OpenX zone invocation code to play nicely with XSLT. Essentially, a bit of hacking is needed to properly output the CDATA and <script> tags using <xsl:value-of />.

Regarding donations, if you'd like to make one, we'd be delighted :-) You can use my e-mail for that.

openx-integration.patch (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

DavidWallaceCox
Thanks so much!  Donation on the way!

Stanislaw,

Where do I integrate the new code?  In the Page.xml or in a stylesheet.  Please let me know and thank you so much for your efforts!

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 21:27, DavidWallaceCox <dcox@destinrecording.com>wrote:

> Almost Happy New Year!  Thank for the prompt response Dawid.
>
> I am using the web app out of the box with a few mods.  I would like for
> the
> ads to be presented center, in the very top of the search result window. I
> will only use standard 468x60 ads here.
>
> Let me know!
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> David Cox

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

Thanks so much!  Donation on the way!

Thanks, David!

Where do I integrate the new code?  In the Page.xml or in a stylesheet.
Please let me know and thank you so much for your efforts!

Just apply the patch I e-mailed previously to the /carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common-dynamic/page.xsl file. I'm attaching the complete modified file this time as well.

page.xsl (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

DavidWallaceCox
Stanislaw,

The Openx works freat! How could I stop wrapping on the entire web app.  If it could be fixed in the window that would be optimum.  I think I am using the simple template.  Any ideas.

Thanks

David Cox

Stanislaw Osinski wrote
> Thanks so much!  Donation on the way!

Thanks, David!

> Where do I integrate the new code?  In the Page.xml or in a stylesheet.
> Please let me know and thank you so much for your efforts!

Just apply the patch I e-mailed previously to the
/carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common-dynamic/page.xsl file. I'm attaching the
complete modified file this time as well.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
  <xsl:import href="../common/page.xsl" />
  <xsl:import href="../common/source-cookies.xsl" />
  <xsl:import href="../common/util.xsl" />

  <xsl:output indent="no" omit-xml-declaration="yes" method="xml"
              doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
              doctype-system="DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
              media-type="text/html" encoding="utf-8" />

  <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

  <xsl:template match="/page" mode="js">

    <xsl:apply-templates select="/page/asset-urls/js-urls/js-url" />

    <xsl:if test="/page/request/@view = 'visu'">
      <script type="text/javascript" src="{$skin-path}/common-dynamic/js/swfobject.js"><xsl:comment></xsl:comment></script>    </xsl:if>

    <script type="text/javascript"> jQuery.carrot2.build = "<xsl:value-of select="concat($version-number, 'b', $build-number)" />"; jQuery.options.url = "<xsl:value-of select="$attributes-url" disable-output-escaping="no" />"; <xsl:if test="string-length(/page/request/@query) > 0"> jQuery.documents.url = "<xsl:value-of select="$documents-url" disable-output-escaping="no" />"; jQuery.documents.source = "<xsl:value-of select="/page/request/@source" />"; jQuery.documents.query = "<xsl:value-of select="/page/request/@query-escaped" disable-output-escaping="yes" />"; <xsl:if test="/page/request/@view != 'visu'"> jQuery.clusters.url = "<xsl:value-of select="$clusters-url" disable-output-escaping="no" />"; </xsl:if> <xsl:if test="/page/request/@view = 'visu'"> jQuery.visualization.dataUrl = "<xsl:value-of select="$xml-url-encoded" />"; jQuery.visualization.skinPath = "<xsl:value-of select="$skin-path" />"; </xsl:if> </xsl:if> <!-- Common initialization --> $(document).ready(function() { $("body").trigger("carrot2-loaded"); }); </script>  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="page" mode="results">
    <xsl:apply-templates select=".." mode="results.area" />
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="page" mode="results.area">
      <xsl:if test="/page/request/@view != 'visu'">
      </xsl:if>

<script type='text/javascript'>//<xsl:value-of select="'&lt;![CDATA['" disable-output-escaping="yes" /> var m3_u = (location.protocol=='https:'?'https://localhost/openx-2.8.3/www/delivery/ajs.php':'http://localhost/openx-2.8.3/www/delivery/ajs.php'); var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999); if (!document.MAX_used) document.MAX_used = ','; document.write ("<xsl:value-of select="'&lt;'" disable-output-escaping="yes" />scr"+"ipt type='text/javascript' src='"+m3_u); document.write ("?zoneid=1"); document.write ('&amp;cb=' + m3_r); if (document.MAX_used != ',') document.write ("&amp;exclude=" + document.MAX_used); document.write (document.charset ? '&amp;charset='+document.charset : (document.characterSet ? '&amp;charset='+document.characterSet : '')); document.write ("&amp;loc=" + escape(window.location)); if (document.referrer) document.write ("&amp;referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); if (document.context) document.write ("&amp;context=" + escape(document.context)); if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&amp;mmm_fo=1"); document.write ("'<xsl:value-of select="'&gt;&lt;'" disable-output-escaping="yes" />\/scr"+"ipt<xsl:value-of select="'&gt;'" disable-output-escaping="yes" />"); //<xsl:value-of select="']]>'" disable-output-escaping="yes" /></script>      </div>

      <xsl:if test="count(/page/config/views/view) > 1">
        <ul id="views">
          <xsl:if test="/page/request/@view = /page/config/views/view[1]/@id">
            <xsl:attribute name="class">first-active</xsl:attribute>
          </xsl:if>
          <xsl:apply-templates select="/page/config/views/view" />
        </ul>
      </xsl:if>

        <xsl:if test="count(/page/config/views/view) &lt; 2">
          <xsl:attribute name="class">single-view</xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:if>
        <xsl:comment></xsl:comment>
        <xsl:if test="/page/request/@view = 'visu'">
        </xsl:if>

            Top <xsl:comment></xsl:comment> results
            of about <xsl:comment></xsl:comment> for <xsl:comment></xsl:comment>

            Cluster <xsl:comment></xsl:comment>
            with <xsl:comment></xsl:comment> documents

          <xsl:apply-templates select=".." mode="footer-content" />
        Query: <xsl:value-of select="/page/request/@query" />
        --
        Source: <xsl:value-of select="/page/config/components/sources/source[@id = /page/request/@source]/label" />
         (<xsl:comment></xsl:comment> results, <xsl:comment></xsl:comment> ms)

  <xsl:template match="view">
    <xsl:variable name="view-pos" select="position()" />
    <li>
      <xsl:attribute name="class">
        <xsl:choose>
          <xsl:when test="@id = /page/request/@view">active <xsl:choose>
              <xsl:when test="$view-pos = count(/page/config/views/view)">active-last</xsl:when>
            </xsl:choose>
          </xsl:when>
          <xsl:otherwise>passive <xsl:choose>
              <xsl:when test="$view-pos = count(/page/config/views/view)">passive-last</xsl:when>
            </xsl:choose>
          </xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:choose>

        <xsl:if test="/page/request/@view = /page/config/views/view[$view-pos + 1]/@id"> before-active</xsl:if>
        <xsl:if test="$view-pos = 1"> first</xsl:if>
      </xsl:attribute>

      <xsl:variable name="view-url">
        <xsl:call-template name="replace-in-url">
          <xsl:with-param name="url" select="$request-url" />
          <xsl:with-param name="param" select="$view-param" />
          <xsl:with-param name="value" select="@id" />
        </xsl:call-template>
      </xsl:variable>
      <xsl:comment></xsl:comment>
    </li>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

Hi David,

The Openx works freat! How could I stop wrapping on the entire web app.  If
it could be fixed in the window that would be optimum.  I think I am using
the simple template.  Any ideas.

I don't quite get what you mean -- is it about the layout?

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

DavidWallaceCox
Stanislaw,

On the webapp page, when you resize the window smaller(If you pull the browser page to the left), all the tabs and other text wrap up over the search  query input field.  I would like all of the element to be static in the web app page. So the window could be resized but the page would remain intact.

Sorry for not being clear.

David Cox

Stanislaw Osinski wrote
Hi David,

The Openx works freat! How could I stop wrapping on the entire web app.  If
> it could be fixed in the window that would be optimum.  I think I am using
> the simple template.  Any ideas.

I don't quite get what you mean -- is it about the layout?

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

On the webapp page, when you resize the window smaller(If you pull the
browser page to the left), all the tabs and other text wrap up over the
search  query input field.  I would like all of the element to be static in
the web app page. So the window could be resized but the page would remain intact.

Ah, right. The quick fix is to set min-width on the top-level element by adding the following:

#main-area {
  min-width: 800px; /* or any other value that suits you */
  -width: 800px; /* for IE6 if you need to support it */
}

to the skin's CSS file, e.g. /carrot2-webapp/web/skins/simple/css/page.css

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

DavidWallaceCox
Stanislaw,

Thanks so much for your help.
Not working.  Where is the "#main" css called. I am not seeing it called in the xml? Also, my webapp file hierarchy is ../skins42/simple/scc/page.css
Could I have different version?

David Cox

DavidWallaceCox wrote
Stanislaw,

On the webapp page, when you resize the window smaller(If you pull the browser page to the left), all the tabs and other text wrap up over the search  query input field.  I would like all of the element to be static in the web app page. So the window could be resized but the page would remain intact.

Sorry for not being clear.

David Cox

Stanislaw Osinski wrote
Hi David,

The Openx works freat! How could I stop wrapping on the entire web app.  If
> it could be fixed in the window that would be optimum.  I think I am using
> the simple template.  Any ideas.

I don't quite get what you mean -- is it about the layout?

Re: Lucene Memory Error when searching with "-"

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your help.
Not working.  Where is the "#main" css called. I am not seeing it called in
the xml? Also, my webapp file hierarchy is ../skins42/simple/scc/page.css

It's "main-area" and is used mostly in /carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common/css/page.css, which is common to all skins and is referenced in: /carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common/page.xsl.

One thing I forgot to mention (sorry!) was that you need to add the declaration to the CSS in the "sprite" directory, so: /skinsXXX/simple/sprite/css/page.css. I've verified that it works with the latest stable release (3.1.1) of the webapp, it should also work with the trunk version.

12