Output xml

carrotuser
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Output xml

Document contents is there in the XML, we use references to avoid duplication. You can always use e.g. XSLT to transform the original XML to the format you need.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 00:22, brinda <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I try to see the group of clusters in the output xml file, I see that
all the documents are grouped together under the cluster name followed by
their document numbers. For ex-
     <phrase>Windows Live</phrase>
     </title>
     <document refid="20"/>
     <document refid="52"/>

Is it possible to replace <document refid= "20"/> with the url of that
document that I provided in the input xml file? I want to be able to
directly click on the urls for the documents under a particular cluster name
so that I dont have to look up individual documents by their id.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Re: Output xml

carrotuser
Could you please tell me where the default XSLT file for Carrot2 Workbench is? Where can I find the file which is responsible for the way Carrot2 outputs its clusters in XML format? I want to see how you have listed out the groups in the file so that I can write my own XSLT.
Thankyou so much

Re: Output xml

Dawid Weiss-2
There is no "default" XSLT because that XML is serialized directly
from Java code. You could write an XSLT to transform this XML into
something else (like inlining the document IDs, for example); this
should be fairly straightforward -- if you need help with this, let us
know.

Dawid

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:46 AM, brinda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you please tell me where the default XSLT file for Carrot2 Workbench
> is? Where can I find the file which is responsible for the way Carrot2
> outputs its clusters in XML format? I want to see how you have listed out
> the groups in the file so that I can write my own XSLT.
> Thankyou so much

Re: Output xml

There is no "default" XSLT because that XML is serialized directly
from Java code. You could write an XSLT to transform this XML into
something else (like inlining the document IDs, for example); this
should be fairly straightforward -- if you need help with this, let us
know.

For an example of the XML output from Carrot2, take a look at the manual here:

Re: Output xml

carrotuser
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Output xml

Dawid Weiss-2

This XSLT expands all <document refid="..." /> nodes with full copies of their respective XML nodes (they must be present in the XML though).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">

  <xsl:output indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="no"
       media-type="application/xml" encoding="UTF-8" />

  <xsl:template match="document[@refid]">
    <xsl:copy-of select="/searchresult/document[@id = current()/@refid]" />
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="*">
    <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:copy-of select="attribute::*" />
        <xsl:apply-templates />
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Dawid

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:09 PM, brinda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dawid,
 I am new to XSLT. I tried writing XSLT and managed to extract the cluster names along with the document refid below them. However I am having difficulty replacing the refid with the url for that id.
Can you please help me with that? I am attaching the XML file, XSLT file and the result output that I get after using XSLT.

If you see the file- result2.html, I just need to replace the numbers below each cluster with their respective url which is provided under /searchresult/document id/title.

Thank you so much for your support. I really appreciate it

-Brinda

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Dawid Weiss [via Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is no "default" XSLT because that XML is serialized directly
from Java code. You could write an XSLT to transform this XML into
something else (like inlining the document IDs, for example); this
should be fairly straightforward -- if you need help with this, let us
know.

Dawid

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:46 AM, brinda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you please tell me where the default XSLT file for Carrot2 Workbench
> is? Where can I find the file which is responsible for the way Carrot2
> outputs its clusters in XML format? I want to see how you have listed out
> the groups in the file so that I can write my own XSLT.
> Thankyou so much

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2

result2.html (3K) Download Attachment
latestR.xml (54K) Download Attachment
dunno.xsl (328 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Output xml

carrotuser
I even tried changing the attribute to url from * since I wanted to get the url instead of the ids.
  <xsl:template match="url">
    <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:copy-of select="attribute::url" />

It still shows block of text :(

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Brinda Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dawid,
 I really appreciate your time and effort to help me but I am still stuck.
I tried using this XSLT stylesheet but all it gives me is a huge block of text. I am attaching the result file- its check.html
Could you please tell me if it worked for you? I don't know what I am doing wrong.
I exported the result of clustering from Carrot2 workbench and saved the file as latestR.xml
In order to transform it, I used an XML editor and used the stylesheet you provided named dawid.xsl to transform it. However the output that I am getting can be seen on check.html.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thankyou so much!

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:47 PM, JIRA [hidden email] [via Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

This XSLT expands all <document refid="..." /> nodes with full copies of their respective XML nodes (they must be present in the XML though).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">

  <xsl:output indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="no"
       media-type="application/xml" encoding="UTF-8" />

  <xsl:template match="document[@refid]">
    <xsl:copy-of select="/searchresult/document[@id = current()/@refid]" />
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="*">
    <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:copy-of select="attribute::*" />
        <xsl:apply-templates />
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Dawid

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:09 PM, brinda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dawid,
 I am new to XSLT. I tried writing XSLT and managed to extract the cluster names along with the document refid below them. However I am having difficulty replacing the refid with the url for that id.
Can you please help me with that? I am attaching the XML file, XSLT file and the result output that I get after using XSLT.

If you see the file- result2.html, I just need to replace the numbers below each cluster with their respective url which is provided under /searchresult/document id/title.

Thank you so much for your support. I really appreciate it

-Brinda

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Dawid Weiss [via Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is no "default" XSLT because that XML is serialized directly
from Java code. You could write an XSLT to transform this XML into
something else (like inlining the document IDs, for example); this
should be fairly straightforward -- if you need help with this, let us
know.

Dawid

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:46 AM, brinda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you please tell me where the default XSLT file for Carrot2 Workbench
> is? Where can I find the file which is responsible for the way Carrot2
> outputs its clusters in XML format? I want to see how you have listed out
> the groups in the file so that I can write my own XSLT.
> Thankyou so much

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2

result2.html (3K) Download Attachment
latestR.xml (54K) Download Attachment
dunno.xsl (328 bytes) Download Attachment

http://carrot2-users-and-developers-forum.607571.n2.nabble.com/Output-xml-tp6497710p6534898.html
To unsubscribe from Output xml, click here.

Re: Output xml

carrotuser
I am sorry for messaging the third time but I don't know who else to ask.
I just wanted to make my question clear so that its easier to ans. My main objective it to get the cluster names for example Firefox 4.0.1 followed by the urls of all the documents that have the same id as refid.
I am playing around with the file you sent me but I am not getting the desired output.
If you could provide any help/assistance, it would be wonderful.
I really look forward to hearing from you.
Thankyou so much once again for being so supportive.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Brinda Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

should be fairly straightforward -- if you need help with this, let us
know.

Dawid

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:46 AM, brinda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you please tell me where the default XSLT file for Carrot2 Workbench
> is? Where can I find the file which is responsible for the way Carrot2
> outputs its clusters in XML format? I want to see how you have listed out
> the groups in the file so that I can write my own XSLT.
> Thankyou so much

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2

result2.html (3K) Download Attachment
latestR.xml (54K) Download Attachment
dunno.xsl (328 bytes) Download Attachment

http://carrot2-users-and-developers-forum.607571.n2.nabble.com/Output-xml-tp6497710p6534898.html
To unsubscribe from Output xml, click here.

Get an external command-line xslt processor like sablotron or xsltproc. Apply the stylesheet I've sent you using these tools -- you'll see an XML in the output that copies entire nodes. What remains is to adjust this code to copy just the url, not the entire document.

Dawid

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM, brinda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

should be fairly straightforward -- if you need help with this, let us
know.

Dawid

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:46 AM, brinda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you please tell me where the default XSLT file for Carrot2 Workbench
> is? Where can I find the file which is responsible for the way Carrot2
> outputs its clusters in XML format? I want to see how you have listed out
> the groups in the file so that I can write my own XSLT.
> Thankyou so much

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2

result2.html (3K) Download Attachment
latestR.xml (54K) Download Attachment
dunno.xsl (328 bytes) Download Attachment

http://carrot2-users-and-developers-forum.607571.n2.nabble.com/Output-xml-tp6497710p6534898.html
To unsubscribe from Output xml, click here.

Sent from the Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.