POS tagging library in Carrort inquiry

Han4Me
Hi, I want to ask, is there any Part of speech (POS) tagging library in Carrot that I can use? And if not, can you please recommend an open source library that I can use which is compatible with the "Tokenizer, ExtendedWhitespaceTokenizer..." classes introduced/used in carrot? Thanks. Regards, Han

Re: POS tagging library in Carrort inquiry

Dawid Weiss-2
Carrot2 algorithms do not use a POS tagger, they are almost entirely
statistical (with an exception of a set of baseline ignored words for
a given language).

You can find algorithms for learning POS taggers around (google
scholar). The LanguageTool project has some ready-to-use POS data for
European languages.

http://www.languagetool.org/

Dawid

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:22 AM, Han4Me <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I want to ask, is there any Part of speech (POS) tagging library in
> Carrot that I can use? And if not, can you please recommend an open source
> library that I can use which is compatible with the "Tokenizer,
> ExtendedWhitespaceTokenizer..." classes introduced/used in carrot? Thanks.
> Regards, Han
> Nabble.com.

Re: POS tagging library in Carrort inquiry

Vineet Yadav
You can find  list of POS taggers and POS tagged datasets on the link
http://www-nlp.stanford.edu/links/statnlp.html#Taggers
Cheers
Vineet Yadav

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Han4Me <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I want to ask, is there any Part of speech (POS) tagging library in
> Carrot that I can use? And if not, can you please recommend an open source
> library that I can use which is compatible with the "Tokenizer,
> ExtendedWhitespaceTokenizer..." classes introduced/used in carrot? Thanks.
> Regards, Han
> Nabble.com.

Re: POS tagging library in Carrort inquiry

Han4Me
Thanks a lot Dr. Dawid and Vineet.