Query

carrotuser
What does the "query" field really do in Carrot2 Workbench? Right now no matter what my query is, it shows exactly 73 clusters which are same for every query. I read the section in the manual about how it doesnt have a syntax but why am I getting the same result for every query?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Query

Dawid Weiss-2
The "query" field is basically a hint for the clustering algorithm
that the documents have been retrieved as part of a text search. This
helps the algorithm make better choices and avoid "trivial" clusters
around your query terms.

If your documents are already collected and are not a result of a
textual query, you can leave it empty.

Dawid