Topic Coverage and Snippet Coverage Metrics Calculation

Topic Coverage and Snippet Coverage Metrics Calculation

seyfullahd
Hi,

Currently, Carrot2 API serves calculation of precision-recall-fMeasure, contamination and NMI metrics. I think it would be great if it also serves calculation of topic coverage and snippet coverage metrics. Moreover, I wonder if also the graphic data given in the Figure 3 of the  "Conceptual clustering using lingo algorithm: Evaluation on open directory project data" could also be served as a clustering result service.

Thanks in advance,

Seyfullah

Re: Topic Coverage and Snippet Coverage Metrics Calculation

Stanislaw Osinski-3
Hi,

Currently, Carrot2 API serves calculation of precision-recall-fMeasure,
contamination and NMI metrics. I think it would be great if it also serves
calculation of topic coverage and snippet coverage metrics.

You should be able to easily add these by copying and modifying the code of the org.carrot2.output.metrics package. I don't know how frequently Carrot2 is used for research, so I didn't write code that I didn't need for my research :-)

Moreover, I
wonder if also the graphic data given in the Figure 3 of the / "Conceptual
clustering using lingo algorithm: Evaluation on open directory project
data"/ could also be served as a clustering result service.

I wouldn't integrate the generation of charts into the core of the framework. A better approach would be to either to write a script that would generate the graphs for you based on XML files saved from e.g. Carrot2 CLI application. Alternatively, you could write a simple HTML application that would connect to Carrot2 DCS and draw the graphs using HTML5 canvas or SVG.