Total counts of records.

bhaskar_sekar

hi,

I used the following in my query.

System.
out.println("Approximate total results of SearchRequests:::::"+ resp.getResultsTotal()+"<<<");

I used this SOP in QueryProcessingServlet class.

I called SearchEngineReponse file from QueryProcessingServlet class.

In the log i am getting value as -1.

If i am not including SearchEngineResponse class,it prints me 100 records as default in the log.

I would like to see total count of records for particular keyword search.

For your reference i am attatching the screen shot where the carrot server is pointing to my system and fetching the search results.

Regards
Bhaskar

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bhaskar,

The total count is sometimes available as an attribute of the request,
but not for all the inputs. If you process a query using a controller,
the total available hits count may (!) be available under the key
"results-total".

Dawid

P.S. Please use adequate subject line or I will have to reject your
future posts to this list.

Search Reults.docx (169K) Download Attachment