Total hits and opening of class file

bhaskar_sekar
Hi,

The "results-total" should be used where ?.
Should it be used in a query or how shld i use it to achieve my results.
What is the controller you are refering to?.
Is it a java class file?.
If so what is the file name?.
How to open the class file name in the link you have specified?
Assuming i want to open "SearchRangeTest" class file.
How i open it?
from the below link

Regards
Bhaskar

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bhaskar,

The total count is sometimes available as an attribute of the request,
but not for all the inputs. If you process a query using a controller,
the total available hits count may (!) be available under the key
"results-total".

Dawid

P.S. Please use adequate subject line or I will have to reject your
future posts to this list.

Re: [C2-devel] Total hits and opening of class file

bhaskar_sekar
Hi,

I downloaded SearchEngineResponse class file and on fetching the total count of records it gives me a value of -1,showing as if there are no records in my system.
I am invokinf SearchEngineResponse through QueryProcessorServlet file.
In the log i am getting value -1 for the particular search.
Why is it so?.
Shld i make changes any where else?

Regards
Bhaskar

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 6:30 PM, bhaskar_sekar (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Total-hits-and-opening-of-class-file-tp3430539p3430539.html
To start a new topic under Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum, click here.

Re: Total hits and opening of class file

Bhaskar,

Please look at the documentation and examples before asking such
questions... Besides, what you intend to achieve is already present in
the code -- look here:

http://demo.carrot2.org/stable/search?source=web&view=tree&skin=fancy-compact&query=dawid+weiss&results=100&algorithm=lingo&EToolsDocumentSource.country=ALL&EToolsDocumentSource.language=ENGLISH&EToolsDocumentSource.safeSearch=false

The line saying "Top 100 results of about 10200" is exactly what
you're after. The only problem is finding how it is rendered in the
source code, but it's a student's exercise, really, so do not ask for
further help concerning this.

Dawid

Dawid Weiss, http://www.dawidweiss.com

Re: Total hits and opening of class file

bhaskar_sekar
Hi,

In my code when giving search on a particular word, it is not showing bold in the search results.
That is what i would like to know where the boldness is achieved.
Ex:I am giving yahoo in search of web tab, it is not showing me bold in the text area of search.

Let me know what is the file that needs to be modified to achieve this.

Regards
Bhaskar
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bhaskar,

Please look at the documentation and examples before asking such
questions... Besides, what you intend to achieve is already present in
the code -- look here:

http://demo.carrot2.org/stable/search?source=web&view=tree&skin=fancy-compact&query=dawid+weiss&results=100&algorithm=lingo&EToolsDocumentSource.country=ALL&EToolsDocumentSource.language=ENGLISH&EToolsDocumentSource.safeSearch=false

The line saying "Top 100 results of about 10200" is exactly what
you're after. The only problem is finding how it is rendered in the
source code, but it's a student's exercise, really, so do not ask for
further help concerning this.

Dawid

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM, bhaskar
chandrasekar<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The "results-total" should be used where ?.
> Should it be used in a query or how shld i use it to achieve my results.
> What is the controller you are refering to?.
> Is it a java class file?.
> If so what is the file name?.
> How to open the class file name in the link you have specified?
> Assuming i want to open "SearchRangeTest" class file.
> How i open it?
> from the below link
>
> http://builds.carrot2.org/browse/C2HEAD-CORE-274/artifact/JUnit-Test-Report/index.html
>

> Regards
> Bhaskar
>

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Bhaskar,
>>
>> The total count is sometimes available as an attribute of the request,
>> but not for all the inputs. If you process a query using a controller,
>> the total available hits count may (!) be available under the key
>> "results-total".
>>
>> Dawid
>>
>> P.S. Please use adequate subject line or I will have to reject your
>> future posts to this list.

Dawid Weiss, http://www.dawidweiss.com

Re: [C2-devel] Total hits and opening of class file

bhaskar_sekar
Hi ,

I understand your question.But the server is pointing to my system.
It gives me only first 100 results.
I want to get the total hit of the particular word which is searched.
I am clueless after seeing various java files as how the total results is achieved.
Let me know what is the file that needs to be modified to get total search count of records.
In fact i included the searchengineresponse class file.
It gives me value as -1 and not giving the total count.
It shows me 100 out of 100 records in the search.

Regards
Bhaskar

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Total-hits-and-opening-of-class-file-tp3430539p3431235.html
To start a new topic under Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum, click here.

Re: Total hits and opening of class file

bhaskar_sekar

Hi David,

 Should i include LingoClusteringAlgorithm class file for this to achieve the results for the same.??

Regards
Bhaskar

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bhaskar,

Please look at the documentation and examples before asking such
questions... Besides, what you intend to achieve is already present in
the code -- look here:

http://demo.carrot2.org/stable/search?source=web&view=tree&skin=fancy-compact&query=dawid+weiss&results=100&algorithm=lingo&EToolsDocumentSource.country=ALL&EToolsDocumentSource.language=ENGLISH&EToolsDocumentSource.safeSearch=false

The line saying "Top 100 results of about 10200" is exactly what
you're after. The only problem is finding how it is rendered in the
source code, but it's a student's exercise, really, so do not ask for
further help concerning this.

Dawid

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM, bhaskar
chandrasekar<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The "results-total" should be used where ?.
> Should it be used in a query or how shld i use it to achieve my results.
> What is the controller you are refering to?.
> Is it a java class file?.
> If so what is the file name?.
> How to open the class file name in the link you have specified?
> Assuming i want to open "SearchRangeTest" class file.
> How i open it?
> from the below link
>
> http://builds.carrot2.org/browse/C2HEAD-CORE-274/artifact/JUnit-Test-Report/index.html
>

> Regards
> Bhaskar
>

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Bhaskar,
>>
>> The total count is sometimes available as an attribute of the request,
>> but not for all the inputs. If you process a query using a controller,
>> the total available hits count may (!) be available under the key
>> "results-total".
>>
>> Dawid
>>
>> P.S. Please use adequate subject line or I will have to reject your
>> future posts to this list.

Dawid Weiss, http://www.dawidweiss.com

Re: [C2-devel] Total hits and opening of class file

bhaskar_sekar

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:25 PM, bhaskar_sekar (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi David,

 Should i include LingoClusteringAlgorithm class file for this to achieve the results for boldness of characters and search results?

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Total-hits-and-opening-of-class-file-tp3430539p3435943.html