Webapp question

milos
Hello,
I have a following problem in 3.0 webapp that I didn't have in 2.x: In 2.x
I could append some metadata information to the summary field in my Lucene
index. Then I changed write(RawDocument) method of the
FancyDocumentSerializer class in order to extract that metadata from
resulting Document's summary filed and to display it in a web page in the
form : title, modified_summary , extracted_metadata and finaly url. Now I
don't know how to do the same thing in 3.0. In fact how to diplay more
fields per document in 3.0 results page, other than standard
title-summary-url scheme? For example one could have : title, summary,
classes(that this document belong to), url, and the date of indexing that
web page.

Best regards, Milos

Re: Webapp question

I have a following problem in 3.0 webapp that I didn't have in 2.x: In 2.x
I could append some metadata information to the summary field in my Lucene
index. Then I changed write(RawDocument) method of the
FancyDocumentSerializer class in order to extract that metadata from
resulting Document's summary filed and to display it in a web page in the
form : title, modified_summary , extracted_metadata and finaly url. Now I
don't know how to do the same thing in 3.0. In fact how to diplay more
fields per document in 3.0 results page, other than standard
title-summary-url scheme? For example one could have : title, summary,
classes(that this document belong to), url, and the date of indexing that
web page.

In the 3.x line webapp, you'll need to modify the XSLT stylesheet that renders the document list. The base stylesheet is here:

http://fisheye3.atlassian.com/browse/carrot2/trunk/applications/carrot2-webapp/web/skins/common/documents.xsl?r=trunk#l40

In particular, take a look at line 40:

<xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="field[@key = 'title-highlight']/value/@value" />

which outputs field named 'title-highlight' without escaping of XTML-sensitive characters.