What is the meaning of the square or 2 in the name of Carrot2

What is the meaning of the square or 2 in the name of Carrot2

seyfullahd
Hi again :)

I am wondering the meaning of the square or 2 in the name of the Carrot2 :)
I was impressed when I learned the meaning of the Lingo word and I wonder how the name selection of the framework is done.

Thanks in advance,

Seyfullah

Re: What is the meaning of the square or 2 in the name of Carrot2

Dawid Weiss-2
The initial implementation was called "carrot" in the spirit of
"fruity" names of student projects we had a long time ago while
studying at the Poznan University of Technology. Other projects were
called "grape", "lemon", and the entire thesis was (I believe) called
"juicer".

The clustering project "carrot" was rewritten from scratch at some
point and hence we decided to come up with a new name for it. Carrot^2
(square) kind of emerged on its own, I can't remember exactly what the
motivation for this was, actually.

Dawid