Will you be kind to give me an example of Lingo cluster algorithm?

Will you be kind to give me an example of Lingo cluster algorithm?

Jilly Tree
Nice to contect you about the excellent work. When I learned the lingo clustering algorithm, I feel a little hard to understand it. I wonder if you could give me an example to illustrate Lingo algorithm, such as I put 5 documents as the input context, then preprocess them, build the term-document matrix. But how to SVD the matrix and find the abstract concepts? Thank you very much!

Best wishes!

Re: Will you be kind to give me an example of Lingo cluster algorithm?

Please take a look at Carrot2 publications, in particular:

http://project.carrot2.org/publications/osinski-2003-lingo.pdf
http://project.carrot2.org/publications/osinski04-dimensionality.pdf
http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/MIS.2005.38

Then, obviously, the ultimate explanation of the algorithm is its implementation:

http://fisheye3.atlassian.com/browse/carrot2/trunk/core/carrot2-algorithm-lingo/src/org/carrot2/clustering/lingo/LingoClusteringAlgorithm.java?r=HEAD

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 04:24, Jilly Tree <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nice to contect you about the excellent work. When I learned the lingo
clustering algorithm, I feel a little hard to understand it. I wonder if you
could give me an example to illustrate Lingo algorithm, such as I put 5
documents as the input context, then preprocess them, build the
term-document matrix. But how to SVD the matrix and find the abstract
concepts? Thank you very much!

Best wishes!

Stanislaw Osinski, [hidden email]
http://carrotsearch.com

Re: Will you be kind to give me an example of Lingo cluster algorithm?

Jilly Tree
Thank you very much for your help. Anyway, I have a question to ask. When I use my own Lucene index on the carrot2 clustering workbench, I find there are some stopwords in the cluster labels, but the stopwords I have removed in my Lucene index. I don't know why? Expect for you illstration.

J.T.

Re: Will you be kind to give me an example of Lingo cluster algorithm?

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help. Anyway, I have a question to ask. When I
use my own Lucene index on the carrot2 clustering workbench, I find there
are some stopwords in the cluster labels, but the stopwords I have removed
in my Lucene index. I don't know why? Expect for you illstration.

Lucene stop words are relevant when indexing and searching your content in Lucene. To affect Carrot2 clustering, you need to edit stop words in Carrot2:

Cheers,

Stanislaw