can carrot2 webapp use Solr?

project2501
  I see that carrot2 workbench can use Solr, but I was hoping Carrot2 webapp also could use Solr.

Is it possible to configure it?

thanks,
Darren

Re: [C2-devel] can carrot2 webapp use Solr?

bhaskar_sekar
Hi Darren,

I would like to know ..what parameters whould be configure in Solr to get search results in carrot.

Assuming i want to do bolding of characters on a given search character,what para

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:09 AM, project2501 (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
  I see that carrot2 workbench can use Solr, but I was hoping Carrot2 webapp also could use Solr.

Is it possible to configure it?

thanks,
Darren

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/can-carrot2-webapp-use-Solr--tp3468044p3468044.html
To start a new topic under Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum, click here.

Re: [C2-devel] can carrot2 webapp use Solr?

project2501
Don't hijack my thread bro.

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 02:20 -0500, bhaskar_sekar (via Nabble) wrote:

> Hi Darren,
>
> I would like to know ..what parameters whould be configure in Solr to
> get search results in carrot.
>
> Assuming i want to do bolding of characters on a given search
> character,what para
>

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:09 AM, project2501 (via Nabble) <[hidden
> email]> wrote:
>         Hi,
>           I see that carrot2 workbench can use Solr, but I was hoping
>         Carrot2 webapp also could use Solr.
>
>         Is it possible to configure it?
>
>         thanks,
>         Darren

Re: [C2-devel] can carrot2 webapp use Solr?

bhaskar_sekar

Hi Stanislaw,

I give Google as my input string.All links and fields pertaining to google will be retrived.
All links related to google will have some text portion in the search results.
Where ever google is getting displayed in the search text area of the link, it should be displayed in bold.
I used QueryWordHighlighter to achieve the same.I am not able to get the boldness of the give input string in the search results.
At present carrot  is pointing to my system,

199Massachusetts photography - Rhode Island photography - wedding, portrait Show in clusters Open in new window Show preview
Specializes in wedding photography and senior and children's portraits. Located in Bellingham, ...
Street photography is a type of documentary photography that features subjects in candid situations within public places such as street s ...
Query: photography -- Source: Web (200 results, 4087ms) -- Clusterer: Lingo3g (69 ms)

In the above i give photography as search in the search text area.The photogrphy is higlighted in each text area of the search link.
How the same is achievable when carrot is pointing to my sytem?.
I tried modifying QueryWordHighlighter class file.But i am not gettintg it.
Is there anything else i should do?

Scenario 2 :

When Photography is given in the search string

It displays

Top 200 results of about 39700000 for photography

Whereas when carrot is running in my system

Top 200 results of about 200 for photography

only.

How do i get total search count for the given input string.
How it can be acheivable when carrot server is pointing to a system.

Let me know your valuable suggestions.

Regards
Bhaskar

On 8/19/09, Stanislaw Osinski (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi again,

Carrot2 doesn't have anything to do with the "bolding" you're mentioning. Carrot2 demo webapp implements this in a very simple way (<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://fisheye3.atlassian.com/browse/carrot2/trunk/applications/carrot2-webapp/src/org/carrot2/webapp/filter/QueryWordHighlighter.java?r=3588" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://fisheye3.atlassian.com/browse/carrot2/trunk/applications/carrot2-webapp/src/org/carrot2/webapp/filter/QueryWordHighlighter.java?r=3588). Look for highlighter / highlighting in Solr documentation and mailing lists.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 09:20, bhaskar_sekar <<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3473634&amp;i=0" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Darren,

I would like to know ..what parameters whould be configure in Solr to get search results in carrot.

Assuming i want to do bolding of characters on a given search character,what para

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:09 AM, project2501 (via Nabble) <<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3470778&amp;i=0" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
  I see that carrot2 workbench can use Solr, but I was hoping Carrot2 webapp also could use Solr.

Is it possible to configure it?

thanks,
Darren

View message @ <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://n2.nabble.com/can-carrot2-webapp-use-Solr--tp3468044p3473634.html" target="_blank">http://n2.nabble.com/can-carrot2-webapp-use-Solr--tp3468044p3473634.html
To start a new topic under Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum, <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://n2.nabble.com/subscriptions/Unsubscribe.jtp?code=c2VrYXIuYmhhc2thckBnbWFpbC5jb218NjA3NTcxfC0xODIzNjI1MDQ5" target="_blank">click here.

Re: can carrot2 webapp use Solr?

In the above i give photography as search in the search text area.The photogrphy is higlighted in each text area of the search link.
How the same is achievable when carrot is pointing to my sytem?.
I tried modifying QueryWordHighlighter class file.But i am not gettintg it.
Is there anything else i should do?

How are you using Carrot2? Through the API, web application, DCS?

When Photography is given in the search string

It displays

Top 200 results of about 39700000 for photography

Whereas when carrot is running in my system

Top 200 results of about 200 for photography

Which search engine are you using?

Re: [C2-devel] can carrot2 webapp use Solr?

bhaskar_sekar

On 8/19/09, Stanislaw Osinski (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:

In the above i give photography as search in the search text area.The photogrphy is higlighted in each text area of the search link.
How the same is achievable when carrot is pointing to my sytem?.
I tried modifying QueryWordHighlighter class file.But i am not gettintg it.
Is there anything else i should do?

I use Carrot through web application only.

I use carrot search engine only.

Bhaskar

View message @ <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://n2.nabble.com/can-carrot2-webapp-use-Solr--tp3468044p3474157.html" target="_blank">http://n2.nabble.com/can-carrot2-webapp-use-Solr--tp3468044p3474157.html

Carrot2 is not a search engine. Please make some effort to read the documentation (http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual), this should help you to determine the engine you're using.

Re: [C2-devel] can carrot2 webapp use Solr?

bhaskar_sekar
Hi i am using Carrot2 thru Solr.
It is thru web application only.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/can-carrot2-webapp-use-Solr--tp3468044p3474176.html