carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

rajesh@2010
Hi,

I want to call carrot2 API in pylucene/python for clustering. How this
can be done?

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

Dawid Weiss-2
Use the DCS (XML over HTTP).

D.

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM, sudhir singh rana
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to call carrot2 API in pylucene/python for clustering. How this
> can be done?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rajesh

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

rajesh@2010

Is there any other way to call this API like we are doing in pylucene. Can we use some mechanism to call java function in python?

Thanks

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

Dawid Weiss-2
I don't know, I'm not a python expert, but I'd be happy if you found
out and reported if it's possible. From a 5-second look at this:

http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/

I'm guessing you'd have to generate a wrapper for Carrot2 using the
same tool they are using to wrap Lucene (JCC).

D.

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM, rajesh@2010 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any other way to call this API like we are doing in pylucene. Can
> we use some mechanism to call java function in python?
>
> Thanks

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

rajesh@2010
Yes, I am also trying this but I am getting following error while
creating wrapper.

jcc.cpp.JavaError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in
java.library.path
Java stacktrace:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in java.library.path
        at nni.LAPACK.<clinit>(LAPACK.java:37)

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM, JIRA [hidden email]
[via Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know, I'm not a python expert, but I'd be happy if you found
> out and reported if it's possible. From a 5-second look at this:
>
> http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/
>
> I'm guessing you'd have to generate a wrapper for Carrot2 using the
> same tool they are using to wrap Lucene (JCC).
>
> D.
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM, rajesh@2010 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Is there any other way to call this API like we are doing in pylucene. Can
>> we use some mechanism to call java function in python?
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Nabble.com.

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

Dawid Weiss-2
This library is optional and only available on Windows 32-bit systems.
I am surprised the compilation fails on it; it should be a
runtime-detection thing. It is also present in the Carrot2 repository
though, if you need it.

Dawid

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM, rajesh@2010 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, I am also trying this but I am getting following error while
> creating wrapper.
>
> jcc.cpp.JavaError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in
> java.library.path
> Java stacktrace:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in java.library.path
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1698)
>         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:840)
>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1047)
>         at nni.LAPACK.<clinit>(LAPACK.java:37)
>

> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM, JIRA [hidden email]
> [via Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I don't know, I'm not a python expert, but I'd be happy if you found
>> out and reported if it's possible. From a 5-second look at this:
>>
>> http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/
>>
>> I'm guessing you'd have to generate a wrapper for Carrot2 using the
>> same tool they are using to wrap Lucene (JCC).
>>
>> D.
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM, rajesh@2010 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Is there any other way to call this API like we are doing in pylucene.
>>> Can
>>> we use some mechanism to call java function in python?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> --
>>> Nabble.com.

> Nabble.com.

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

rajesh@2010
I installed lapack using yum but it is still giving me same error. Any
idea how to fix following error.

jcc.cpp.JavaError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in
java.library.path

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Dawid Weiss
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> This library is optional and only available on Windows 32-bit systems.
> I am surprised the compilation fails on it; it should be a
> runtime-detection thing. It is also present in the Carrot2 repository
> though, if you need it.
>
> Dawid
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM, rajesh@2010 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yes, I am also trying this but I am getting following error while
>> creating wrapper.
>>
>> jcc.cpp.JavaError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in
>> java.library.path
>> Java stacktrace:
>> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in java.library.path
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1698)
>>         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:840)
>>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1047)
>>         at nni.LAPACK.<clinit>(LAPACK.java:37)
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM, JIRA [hidden email]
>> [via Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum]
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I don't know, I'm not a python expert, but I'd be happy if you found
>>> out and reported if it's possible. From a 5-second look at this:
>>>
>>> http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/
>>>
>>> I'm guessing you'd have to generate a wrapper for Carrot2 using the
>>> same tool they are using to wrap Lucene (JCC).
>>>
>>> D.

>> Nabble.com.

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

Dawid Weiss-2
It needs to be exactly the DLL we have in our repository. There are
many different versions of blas/lapack and it's unlikely that yours
will work. Again -- this is not an error on our side, the link doesn't
need to be resolved for Java runtime (and it should not throw an
exception). Ask JCC users/developers what to do if you don't have
access to a native library that is loaded (but not found) in Java
code.

Dawid

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM, sudhir singh rana
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I installed lapack using yum but it is still giving me same error. Any
> idea how to fix following error.
>
> jcc.cpp.JavaError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in
> java.library.path
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Dawid Weiss
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This library is optional and only available on Windows 32-bit systems.
>> I am surprised the compilation fails on it; it should be a
>> runtime-detection thing. It is also present in the Carrot2 repository
>> though, if you need it.
>>
>> Dawid
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM, rajesh@2010 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Yes, I am also trying this but I am getting following error while
>>> creating wrapper.
>>>
>>> jcc.cpp.JavaError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in
>>> java.library.path
>>> Java stacktrace:
>>> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in java.library.path
>>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1698)
>>>         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:840)
>>>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1047)
>>>         at nni.LAPACK.<clinit>(LAPACK.java:37)
>>>

>>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM, JIRA [hidden email]
>>> [via Carrot2 Users and Developers Forum]

>>> Nabble.com.

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

rajesh@2010
I added all jar's of Carrot in makefile but while doing make it is
giving me following errror.

jcc.cpp.JavaError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in
java.library.path
Java stacktrace:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in java.library.path
        at nni.LAPACK.<clinit>(LAPACK.java:37)

After that I installed lapack using yum and error remains same. Can
anyone please tell me how to fix java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError.

Thanks in advance

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 6:29 PM, sudhir singh rana
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to call carrot2 API in pylucene/python for clustering. How this
> can be done?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rajesh

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

rajesh@2010
ok, I will do that

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Dawid Weiss
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> It needs to be exactly the DLL we have in our repository. There are
> many different versions of blas/lapack and it's unlikely that yours
> will work. Again -- this is not an error on our side, the link doesn't
> need to be resolved for Java runtime (and it should not throw an
> exception). Ask JCC users/developers what to do if you don't have
> access to a native library that is loaded (but not found) in Java
> code.
>
> Dawid
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM, sudhir singh rana
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I installed lapack using yum but it is still giving me same error. Any
>> idea how to fix following error.
>>
>> jcc.cpp.JavaError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in
>> java.library.path
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Dawid Weiss
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> This library is optional and only available on Windows 32-bit systems.
>>> I am surprised the compilation fails on it; it should be a
>>> runtime-detection thing. It is also present in the Carrot2 repository
>>> though, if you need it.
>>>
>>> Dawid

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

rajesh@2010
If I want to remove dependency on nni.jar. is that possible?

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM, sudhir singh rana
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> ok, I will do that
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Dawid Weiss
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It needs to be exactly the DLL we have in our repository. There are
>> many different versions of blas/lapack and it's unlikely that yours
>> will work. Again -- this is not an error on our side, the link doesn't
>> need to be resolved for Java runtime (and it should not throw an
>> exception). Ask JCC users/developers what to do if you don't have
>> access to a native library that is loaded (but not found) in Java
>> code.
>>
>> Dawid
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM, sudhir singh rana
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I installed lapack using yum but it is still giving me same error. Any
>>> idea how to fix following error.
>>>
>>> jcc.cpp.JavaError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nni_lapack in
>>> java.library.path

Re: carrot2 API call from python\pylucene

Dawid Weiss-2
Everything is, the source code is available, after all.

Dawid