carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

vaibhav
I have imported carrot2 source-code into eclipse v3.6.2. Added the variable temp_workspaces and replaced it with workspace_loc under Run Configurations.
Carrot2 workbench launches but fails to create the view where we can select algorithm, enter query, etc. Following is the exception i get:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.carrot2.workbench.core.ui.SearchInputView.createComponents(SearchInputView.java:638)
at org.carrot2.workbench.core.ui.SearchInputView.createPartControl(SearchInputView.java:358)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.java:375)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:229)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$ActivationList.setActive(WorkbenchPage.java:4218)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$18.runWithException(WorkbenchPage.java:3277)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4041)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3660)
at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$31.runWithException(Workbench.java:1567)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4041)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3660)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2548)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.carrot2.workbench.core.Application.start(Application.java:35)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)

I also get following warnings when import my source code, any issues with these?

Description Resource Path Location Type
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-kmeans line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-lingo line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-stc line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-synthetic line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-core line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-output-metrics line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-ambient line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-etools line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-google line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-google-desktop line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-idol line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-lucene line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-microsoft line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-opensearch line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-pubmed line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-solr line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-xml line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-util-attribute line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-util-text line 1 Plug-in Problem
.apt_generated/ is missing from source.. build.properties /org.carrot2.workbench.core line 1 Plug-in Problem
Access to referenced class 'org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressView' in attribute 'class' is discouraged plugin.xml /org.carrot2.workbench.core line 124 Plug-in Problem
Plug-in reference 'org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.ppc' cannot be resolved feature.xml /org.carrot2.workbench.core.feature line 211 Plug-in Problem
Plug-in reference 'org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86_64' cannot be resolved feature.xml /org.carrot2.workbench.core.feature line 231 Plug-in Problem
Plug-in reference 'org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86' cannot be resolved feature.xml /org.carrot2.workbench.core.feature line 221 Plug-in Problem
Plug-in reference 'org.eclipse.core.filesystem.macosx' cannot be resolved feature.xml /org.carrot2.workbench.core.feature line 241 Plug-in Problem
Plug-in reference 'org.eclipse.core.filesystem.solaris.sparc' cannot be resolved feature.xml /org.carrot2.workbench.core.feature line 250 Plug-in Problem
src-apt/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-util-attribute line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-kmeans line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-lingo line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-stc line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-synthetic line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-core line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-output-metrics line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-ambient line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-etools line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-google line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-google-desktop line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-lucene line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-microsoft line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-opensearch line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-pubmed line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-source-xml line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-util-attribute line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-util-common line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-util-matrix line 1 Plug-in Problem
src-test/ is missing from source.. build.properties /carrot2-util-text line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'icons/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /org.carrot2.workbench.vis.aduna line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'icons/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /org.carrot2.workbench.vis.carrotsearch line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-kmeans line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-lingo line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-stc line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-algorithm-synthetic line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-core line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-output-metrics line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-ambient line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-etools line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-google line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-google-desktop line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-idol line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-lucene line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-microsoft line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-opensearch line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-pubmed line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-solr line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-source-xml line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /org.carrot2.workbench.editors line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'META-INF/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /org.carrot2.workbench.editors.lucene line 1 Plug-in Problem
The class folder 'src-resources/' is not associated to any output library entry. build.properties /carrot2-util-text line 1 Plug-in Problem
The file "randomizedtesting-runner-0.0.4.jar" does not exist in the workspace build.properties /com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting line 3 Plug-in Problem
The folder "tmp/eclipse/" does not exist in the workspace build.properties /org.carrot2.workbench.core.welcome line 1 Plug-in Problem
The plug-in's classpath library '.' does not have a corresponding source build entry build.properties /carrot2-component-suites line 1 Plug-in Problem
Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") ClusteringAlgorithmTestBase.java /carrot2-core/src-test/org/carrot2/core/test line 146 Java Problem
Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") ControllerFactory.java /carrot2-core/src/org/carrot2/core line 49 Java Problem
Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") ControllerFactory.java /carrot2-core/src/org/carrot2/core line 70 Java Problem
Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") ControllerFactory.java /carrot2-core/src/org/carrot2/core line 94 Java Problem
Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") DocumentSourceTestBase.java /carrot2-core/src-test/org/carrot2/core/test line 72 Java Problem
Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") PreprocessingContextBuilder.java /carrot2-util-text/src-test/org/carrot2/text/preprocessing line 118 Java Problem
Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") XmlDocumentSourceTest.java /carrot2-source-xml/src-test/org/carrot2/source/xml line 174 Java Problem
Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") XmlDocumentSourceTest.java /carrot2-source-xml/src-test/org/carrot2/source/xml line 217 Java Problem

Please help.

Regards,
Vaibhav Vij

Re: carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

Dawid Weiss-2
You need to import the sources as an existing project and in _exactly_
the same folder structure as the git checkout. From the logs I can
tell you don't have generated sources (which are a result of
annotation processing). This is preconfigured in the repository but
Eclipse is a bit clumsy in this regard so any mismatches in folder
structure will result in cryptic errors like you mentioned.

http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/index.html#section.integration.setting-up-carrot2-sources-in-eclipse

Dawid

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 2:19 PM, VAIBHAV VIJ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> /carrot2-core/src/org/carrot2/core line 94 Java Problem
> Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") DocumentSourceTestBase.java
> /carrot2-core/src-test/org/carrot2/core/test line 72 Java Problem
> Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") PreprocessingContextBuilder.java
> /carrot2-util-text/src-test/org/carrot2/text/preprocessing line 118 Java
> Problem
> Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") XmlDocumentSourceTest.java
> /carrot2-source-xml/src-test/org/carrot2/source/xml line 174 Java Problem
> Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") XmlDocumentSourceTest.java
> /carrot2-source-xml/src-test/org/carrot2/source/xml line 217 Java Problem
>
> Please help.
>
> Regards,
> Vaibhav Vij

Re: carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

I did exactly the same thing. Even did it again, still getting the same problem!

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> /carrot2-core/src/org/carrot2/core line 94 Java Problem
> Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") DocumentSourceTestBase.java
> /carrot2-core/src-test/org/carrot2/core/test line 72 Java Problem
> Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") PreprocessingContextBuilder.java
> /carrot2-util-text/src-test/org/carrot2/text/preprocessing line 118 Java
> Problem
> Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") XmlDocumentSourceTest.java
> /carrot2-source-xml/src-test/org/carrot2/source/xml line 174 Java Problem
> Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") XmlDocumentSourceTest.java
> /carrot2-source-xml/src-test/org/carrot2/source/xml line 217 Java Problem
>
> Please help.
>
> Regards,
> Vaibhav Vij

Re: carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

I'll take a look later tonight and let you know.

Dawid

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM, VAIBHAV VIJ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") DocumentSourceTestBase.java
>> > /carrot2-core/src-test/org/carrot2/core/test line 72 Java Problem
>> > Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
>> > PreprocessingContextBuilder.java
>> > /carrot2-util-text/src-test/org/carrot2/text/preprocessing line 118 Java
>> > Problem
>> > Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") XmlDocumentSourceTest.java
>> > /carrot2-source-xml/src-test/org/carrot2/source/xml line 174 Java
>> > Problem
>> > Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") XmlDocumentSourceTest.java
>> > /carrot2-source-xml/src-test/org/carrot2/source/xml line 217 Java
>> > Problem
>> >
>> > Please help.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Vaibhav Vij

Re: carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

Confirmed, there is a problem with launcher configuration. I will dig,
thanks for the report -- I'll follow up with a fix once I find it.

Dawid

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Dawid Weiss
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll take a look later tonight and let you know.
>
> Dawid
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM, VAIBHAV VIJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I did exactly the same thing. Even did it again, still getting the same
>> problem!
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> You need to import the sources as an existing project and in _exactly_
>>> the same folder structure as the git checkout. From the logs I can
>>> tell you don't have generated sources (which are a result of
>>> annotation processing). This is preconfigured in the repository but
>>> Eclipse is a bit clumsy in this regard so any mismatches in folder
>>> structure will result in cryptic errors like you mentioned.
>>>

>>> http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/index.html#section.integration.setting-up-carrot2-sources-in-eclipse
>>>
>>> Dawid

Re: carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

Dawid Weiss-2
Try now, please. The problem was that not all of the required plugins
were included in the launch config (I fixed those NPEs that you were
observing too).

Dawid

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Dawid Weiss
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Confirmed, there is a problem with launcher configuration. I will dig,
> thanks for the report -- I'll follow up with a fix once I find it.
>
> Dawid
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Dawid Weiss
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'll take a look later tonight and let you know.
>>
>> Dawid
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM, VAIBHAV VIJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I did exactly the same thing. Even did it again, still getting the same
>>> problem!

Re: carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

vaibhav
So, you want me to clone carrot2 from github again?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Confirmed, there is a problem with launcher configuration. I will dig,
> thanks for the report -- I'll follow up with a fix once I find it.
>
> Dawid
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Dawid Weiss
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'll take a look later tonight and let you know.
>>
>> Dawid
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM, VAIBHAV VIJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I did exactly the same thing. Even did it again, still getting the same
>>> problem!

Re: carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

Dawid Weiss-2
> So, you want me to clone carrot2 from github again?

Either that or just "git pull" the latest changes on master.

Re: carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

vaibhav
Surprisingly, now I am getting other errors. Workbench doesn't even launches. This is what I got from the log file:
!SESSION 2012-02-08 16:59:58.186 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_29
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_SG
Framework arguments:  -product org.carrot2.workbench.core.product
Command-line arguments:  -product org.carrot2.workbench.core.product -data C:\Users\vaibhav\workspace/carrot2-workbench.product -dev file:C:/Users/vaibhav/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Workbench/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-02-08 16:59:59.612
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench (85).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin for bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench is invalid
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:156)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:106)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:453)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:466)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:580)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:550)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:481)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:469)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:449)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:469)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:338)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:232)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:149)
[...]
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1197)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:191)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/SWTError
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:151)
... 68 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
... 74 more
Root exception:
[...]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-02-08 16:59:59.619
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.carrot2.workbench.core (38).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.carrot2.workbench.core.WorkbenchCorePlugin for bundle org.carrot2.workbench.core is invalid
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/ui/plugin/AbstractUIPlugin
[...]
... 34 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench (85).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:121)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:453)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:466)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
... 53 more
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin for bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench is invalid
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:156)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:106)
... 62 more
[...]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-02-08 16:59:59.632
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.carrot2.workbench.core was unable to load class org.carrot2.workbench.core.Application.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
[...]
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.carrot2.workbench.core (38).
[...]
... 16 more
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.carrot2.workbench.core.WorkbenchCorePlugin for bundle org.carrot2.workbench.core is invalid
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:156)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:106)
... 28 more

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So, you want me to clone carrot2 from github again?

Either that or just "git pull" the latest changes on master.

Re: carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

Dawid Weiss-2
> Surprisingly, now I am getting other errors. Workbench doesn't even
> launches. This is what I got from the log file:

Validate your plugins set and check if SWT for your platform is
selected. The launch configs come as a convenience (well), but
unfortunately they vary from Eclipse to Eclipse and between platforms
and, worse, the configuration gets reset from time to time for no
obvious reasons.

I've pushed a change that enables all swt parts again, but for the
future just check if the plugin configuration is valid as shown in the
attached picture.

Screenshot at 2012-02-08 10:41:09.png (239K) Download Attachment

Re: carrot2 workbench doesn't open successfully (java.lang.NullPointerException)

vaibhav
Thanks. It works now. One of SWT wasn't selected.
Thanks  a ton.