clusters: How to add custom content to the result list that won't be used for clustering

clusters: How to add custom content to the result list that won't be used for clustering

amine
Hi,

In a custom xml file I have, I'm listing tracks and use carrot webapp to cluster the results. Within the <snippet> tag of each element, I added info about price in this format : "xxx USD". Lingo algorithm makes "USD" as a cluster which isn't relevant.

I wanted to know what exactly is being parsed for cluster generation:
 - the whole xml file
 - only title and snippet ?

So that i can add maybe another div containing this "meta data"

Thanks a lot

Re: clusters: How to add custom content to the result list that won't be used for clustering

Stanislaw Osinski-3
Hi,

In a custom xml file I have, I'm listing tracks and use carrot webapp to
cluster the results. Within the <snippet> tag of each element, I added info
about price in this format : "xxx USD". Lingo algorithm makes "USD" as a
cluster which isn't relevant.

I wanted to know what exactly is being parsed for cluster generation:
 - the whole xml file
 - only title and snippet ?

So that i can add maybe another div containing this "meta data"

Only title and snippet are used for clustering, so in theory you could store the price in some custom document field. This approach seems most elegant, but it would also require some small modifications to the webapp to show the price from your custom field.

An alternative is to append the price to the snippet field as you did and filter out the unwanted labels using the label dictionary:

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011