flash and internationalization

reinhard
hi,

today when trying the webapp and the flash based visualization view of
the clusters,
i have discovered an internationalization issue.
there is one cluster label

"Tourismusinformation Weißenkirchen in der Wachau"

the "ß" - sharp s is not displayed correct in the flash animation.
other cluster labels containing ö such as "Niederösterreich" are
displayed correct.

webapp is /carrot2-webapp-3.3.0-dev.
if you need to reproduce i can give you the details of my solr source.

best regards
reinhard

Re: flash and internationalization

Dawid Weiss-2
Hi Reinhard,

Confirmed, for some reason ß is not displayed correctly.
Interestingly, this only takes place on the circle slices and not in
the middle... which is essentially the same code. Will look into this,
thanks for the report.

http://issues.carrot2.org/browse/CARROT-648

Dawid

Weißenkirchen

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:57 AM, reinhard schwab
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> today when trying the webapp and the flash based visualization view of
> the clusters,
> i have discovered an internationalization issue.
> there is one cluster label
>
> "Tourismusinformation Weißenkirchen in der Wachau"
>
> the "ß" - sharp s is not displayed correct in the flash animation.
> other cluster labels containing ö such as "Niederösterreich" are
> displayed correct.
>
> webapp is /carrot2-webapp-3.3.0-dev.
> if you need to reproduce i can give you the details of my solr source.
>
> best regards
> reinhard

Re: flash and internationalization

Hi Reinhard,

This is a bug in Flash. We can do a workaround, but we cannot fix it
directly... Subscribe to this issue to be notified about changes.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> today when trying the webapp and the flash based visualization view of
> the clusters,
> i have discovered an internationalization issue.
> there is one cluster label
>
> "Tourismusinformation Weißenkirchen in der Wachau"
>
> the "ß" - sharp s is not displayed correct in the flash animation.
> other cluster labels containing ö such as "Niederösterreich" are
> displayed correct.
>
> webapp is /carrot2-webapp-3.3.0-dev.
> if you need to reproduce i can give you the details of my solr source.
>
> best regards
> reinhard

Re: flash and internationalization

Dawid Weiss-2
Oh, one more -- this is interesting reading, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_%C3%9F

I assume your feeling for German is much better than mine... Flash
does not support Unicode 5.1 and neither is this "new" letter included
in the font we use. Would replacing ß with SS, as they suggest on this
page, be a sensible workaround?

Dawid

Dawid Weiss schrieb:
> Oh, one more -- this is interesting reading, actually.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_%C3%9F
>
> I assume your feeling for German is much better than mine... Flash
> does not support Unicode 5.1 and neither is this "new" letter included
> in the font we use. Would replacing ß with SS, as they suggest on this
> page, be a sensible workaround?

this is ok for me.
weißenkirchen is also written as weissenkirchen.
if the bug is fixed, the workaround can be removed.
reinhard