how to disable existing stemming process?

how to disable existing stemming process?

Jumadi
how to disable existing stemming process in C#, because I'll use Indonesian Stemmer. (my own language)

Re: how to disable existing stemming process?

Dawid Weiss-2
We do not support Indonesian at the moment. Is the stemmer you
mentioned open-sourced?

Dawid

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Jumadi Jumadi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> how to disable existing stemming process in C#, because I'll use Indonesian
> Stemmer. (my own language)

Re: how to disable existing stemming process?

Jumadi
I've written it, using C# programming language.

I need to know, how I can run STC algorithm in C# without your stemming process, because before the data processed by STC, I'll process it with my own stemming code/script/program.

On 21 September 2013 14:10, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
We do not support Indonesian at the moment. Is the stemmer you
mentioned open-sourced?

Dawid

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Jumadi Jumadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> how to disable existing stemming process in C#, because I'll use Indonesian
> Stemmer. (my own language)

Re: how to disable existing stemming process?

Dawid Weiss-2
> I've written it, using C# programming language.

Perhaps you could make it open source? :) If so then we could
implement it in Carrot2 (and possibly other projects, such as Apache
Lucene)?

> I need to know, how I can run STC algorithm in C# without your stemming process, because before the data processed by STC, I'll process it with my own stemming code/script/program.

Like I said, the easiest way would be to use a language for which no
stemmer is used -- for example use Polish as the default language for
Carrot2 and not include Morfologik (optional assembly in .NET).  What
you try to do is easier from Java than from .NET because .NET API does
not expose all the tweaks and options.