jackson lib in carrot2

eishay
Carrot2 has a library named jackson-0.9.2-patched.jar. The Jar contains a class named JavaTypeSerializer used in carrot2's class org.carrot2.core.ProcessingResult.
The latest releases of jackson (0.9.9) does not contain JavaTypeSerializer. Which makes it a problem when the application I wish to embed Carrot2 in has the latest version in its classpath.
Could Carrot be updated to use a more recent version of jackson?

Moreover, it seems that the 0.9.2-patched jar is patched (naturally) and has more code then the jar I could get from the official site (ClassDispatchingJavaTypeSerializer for example).
Is the source code of this patched library available anywhere?

Thanks, Eishay

Re: jackson lib in carrot2

eishay
I found that I can safely replace the jackson version that comes with the distribution with the official 0.9.4 version (contributed by Stanislaw). It solves the source availability issue but still makes it hard when trying to use in an application that has conflicting versions of the jar (and no OSGi support) since version 0.9.9 still misses the class.

Re: jackson lib in carrot2

Hi Eishay,

I found that I can safely replace the jackson version that comes with the
distribution with the official 0.9.4 version (contributed by Stanislaw). It
solves the source availability issue but still makes it hard when trying to
use in an application that has conflicting versions of the jar (and no OSGi
support) since version 0.9.9 still misses the class.

The reason we used the patched version is that the original one had some generics usage problems at that time. I know further versions of Jackson change the API quite a lot, I'll take a look at upgrading Carrot2 to use 0.9.9 tomorrow morning.

Re: jackson lib in carrot2

Hi Eishay,

The reason we used the patched version is that the original one had some generics usage problems at that time. I know further versions of Jackson change the API quite a lot, I'll take a look at upgrading Carrot2 to use 0.9.9 tomorrow morning.

I've just committed the upgrade to trunk, builds pass, so hopefully I didn't break too much :-) I'll be still refactoring a few things around XML serialization to get more consistent code, the current state of trunk should remove the dependency conflicts you were having.