trying Carrot2 workbench in arabic

waleedAzmy
Dear all,

I tried carrot2 workbench on my own data in arabic. The cluster labels are not meaningless so I updated the stopword.ar and stoplabel.ar in the workspace but It seems that is does not reflect any change on the results.

I just want to ask if modifing these files will reflect directly on the results? or shall I do some steps that make the workbench feels the change in these files?

Thank you,
hope to help me...

Re: trying Carrot2 workbench in arabic

Dawid Weiss-2
Can you provide some more context about how you cluster your data in
the Workbench (which data source you use)? Arabic should work fine --
maybe you're using English as the default language for documents and
that's the reason for broken cluster labels.

Dawid

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:31 PM, waleedAzmy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I tried carrot2 workbench on my own data in arabic. The cluster labels are
> not meaningless so I updated the stopword.ar and stoplabel.ar in the
> workspace but It seems that is does not reflect any change on the results.
>
> I just want to ask if modifing these files will reflect directly on the
> results? or shall I do some steps that make the workbench feels the change
> in these files?
>
> Thank you,
> hope to help me...

Re: trying Carrot2 workbench in arabic

Hello,

If you're clustering your own data, you also need to change the Default clustering language to Arabic (you'll find the combo box in Attributes view, in Multilingual clustering section). Changing the default language should improve the results.

For instructions on modifying stopwords and stop labels, see here: http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/#section.advanced-topics.fine-tuning.stop-words. If you manage to improve the stopwords or stoplabels, it would be great if you could share the updated files back to the project.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 22:31, waleedAzmy <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear all,

I tried carrot2 workbench on my own data in arabic. The cluster labels are
not meaningless so I updated the stopword.ar and stoplabel.ar in the
workspace but It seems that is does not reflect any change on the results.

I just want to ask if modifing these files will reflect directly on the
results? or shall I do some steps that make the workbench feels the change
in these files?

Thank you,
hope to help me...

Re: trying Carrot2 workbench in arabic

waleedAzmy
Dear Dawid,
I used data  source from a lucene index. I'm already using the Arabic as the default language.
but I don't know what is the problems....

Thank you ...

Re: trying Carrot2 workbench in arabic

waleedAzmy
Dear Stanislaw

I'm using the arabic as the default language for clustering. I read this chapter before but It did not answer my question. shall I do some steps that make the workbench feels the change
in these files? ow it automatically detect the changes in the workspace files?

After you edit the files in workspace, you also need to re-run clustering (press Ctrl+F11) to see the changes (point 4 in: http://download.carrot2.org/head/manual/#section.advanced-topics.fine-tuning.stop-words).